Oscars postpone plans for new popular film category These are external links and will open in a new window Image caption The move was seen as a bid to improve dwindling television audiences The organisers of the Oscars have announced they have postponed plans to introduce a new popular film category at their annual awards ceremony. The award, which could have recognised films popular with audiences but not critics, was only announced last month. In a statement, the Academy's CEO said she had "recognised the need for further discussion" with its members about the proposal first. It was set to be introduced at the 91st Oscars in February 2019. "The Academy recognized that implementing any new award nine months into the year creates challenges for films that have already been released," it said in statement. Four things to take away from the 2018 awards It also added that its board of governors would continue to discuss the matter, and will "examine and seek additional input regarding this category". After its announcement, the category drew praise from the public on social media but received a backlash from some in Hollywood . It was widely suggested the move was a bid to improve dwindling television audiences for the event, rather than recognising artistic merit. Image caption It was hoped the category could recognise box office hits like Black Panther Viewing figures for the Academy Awards have been falling in recent years - with the 2018 viewing figures 39% down on 2014's http://bagcheapfhpxp.journalwebdir.com . In previous years, films which have done well at the box office with audiences - including Mamma Mia, Avatar and the Mission Impossible franchise - have been snubbed by the Academy. The Oscars' organisers did not elaborate in their August announcement how eligibility for the new category would have been established.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45440656
The Growing Challenges In Central Issues For
Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed’s romance blossomed in the weeks before they died (Image: ABACA/PA) Diana’s divorce from Princes Charles was finalised the year before in 1996 (Image: GETTY) And Dodi is reported to have ended his engagement with an American model. Diana and Dodi were photographed looking happy together on their St Tropez holiday, kissing and cuddling. The pair relaxed in the sun on a luxury yacht, swam in the sea and jet skied on the summer break. And they were joined by a young Prince William, then aged 15, and Prince Harry, aged 12 for the trip. Diana and Dodi were photographed looking happy together (Image: ABACA/PA) The pair were seen together looking romantic (Image: ABACA/PA) Diana and Dodi died soon after the holiday in a high-speed car crash on August 31. Diana was just 36 and Dodi was 42. The crash happened in the Pont de l'Alma tunnel. Dodi died at the scene and Diana was taken to hospital where she died hours later. Their driver Henri Paul also died in the accident. The Princess’s bodyguard, Trevor Rees-Jones, survived the crash.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1011687/princess-diana-news-dodi-al-fayed-relationship-royal-news
US military analysts are increasingly concerned about the abnormal and unprecedented behaviour of Russian military satellites . The US State Department claimed the Russian satellite was exhibiting technological powers that had "never been seen before". This included the satellite "birthing" smaller satellites, which then produced http://timkeen4o.wordpress.com even smaller satellites. A source from the US http://womanshopyvt.basinperlite.com government told CNN that another satellite, known as Kosmos 2499, had been nicknamed "kamikaze". Russia unveils new supersonic STRIKE BOMBER as UK tensions rocket The government source claimed the Kamikaze craft "could have the capability to slam into http://shopbly.savingsdaily.com American satellites, or jam their signals, which would disrupt US communications". US officials fears that these satellites are part of a "secret set of Russian experiments" that could be developing unprecedented military weapons. A Russian Soyuz rocket launched last June under mysterious circumstances and US experts have traced this week's bizarre s ighting to this launch. Earlier this week, US officials echoed this concern, with US Assistant Secretary of State for Arms Control Yleem Poblete speaking out against Vladimir Putin's secretive programme. She told the UN: "We are concerned with what appears to be very abnormal behavior by a declared ‘space apparatus inspector'. "We don't know for certain what it is, and there is no way to verify it. "Its behavior was inconsistent with anything seen before from on-orbit inspection or space situational awareness capabilities, including other Russian inspection satellite activities." The US official added that this discovery was "disturbing given the recent pattern of Russian malign behaviour". US military analysts are concerned about Russia's abnormal behaviour in space (Image: GETTY) Alexander Deyneko, a Russian diplomat at the convention, dismissed what he called “the same unfounded, slanderous accusations based on suspicions, on suppositions and so on". According to CNN, Russia's space agency is said to be developing a laser that can destroy objects in space.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1005119/Fears-of-satellite-kamikaze-WIPE-OUT
Some New Guidance On Root Factors For
leads to several high-water rescues Media: San Antonio Express-News SAPD: Gunmen at large after triple shooting leaves 1 dead Media: San Antonio Express-News Firefighters rescue driver after suspected DWI rollover Media: San Antonio Express-News "Essentially what I'm doing here is we're ordering yard signs, I've got people going to meetings, doing those kinds of things," Foster said. Foster said he might fare "perhaps even better" at the polls than previous Democrats who ran for Graves' seat because of voters who feel he's been treated unfairly. "I put up $5,200 of my own money" to qualify for the House race, Foster said. "It's my run. I know what the previous numbers were. I'd like to know what the numbers show even though they've got me in jail." A spokesman for the Georgia Democratic Party and the state party's chairman, DuBose Porter, did not immediately return phone and email messages Thursday. Foster signed up for the race against Graves in March, nearly six months after he was charged with driving under the influence. Police pulled over Foster's silver Mercedes on Sept. 23. A Dalton police report says Foster was stopped because he was driving with his headlights off after dark.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/crime/article/Congressional-candidate-vows-to-stay-in-race-13209648.php